Back to Basics

/
0 Comments





Oh Look, I'm back!

I've managed to actually get some outfit shots and be a proper blogger for once. I always enjoy doing styling posts, but they are quite hard to do by myself, so I've teamed up with my flatmate. As luck would have it, she's a fashion photographer so we're a match made in flatshare heaven!

This summer I've been loving really simple pieces, and I've been trying to shop less. I found I was buying a lot of trend led pieces which I would wear a handful of times before relegating them to the back of my wardrobe and forgetting they existed. I'd then be stuck in the eternal cycle of a room full of clothes but nothing to wear.
Instead I've been trying to buy a few things that I can rework in a few different ways. This white tie- front top from Warehouse was a good first step. It works just casually thrown on with jeans and a pair of Adidas Superstars (because of course!) but it also works as a nice dressed up look with some gingham trousers, and sandals.

Now, I know what you're thinking, Gingham is very on trend and so surely those were a trend-led buy, but I actually found these lurking in the depths of forgotten clothes, and I've been giving them a new lease of life. The Sandals are last years Zara and they are Aquazurra lookalikes but for a fraction of the price.

White tops- very easy to style, but turns out they're impossible to keep clean, lets just say i'm glad white is my preferred wine colour!


No comments:

All images and Text copyright Niamh Stewart unless otherwise stated.. Powered by Blogger.